[plug] What do you school-age members think ofSlashDot'sHellMouth articles?

Oliver White ojw at iinet.net.au
Tue May 4 19:40:08 WST 1999

Tamara Thompson wrote:

> I still don't think the guns are the problem.  They are just tools, to be used or misused.  It's very tres-chic liberal bunny hugger to blame the guns.

I think guns are the problem, but then I guess I'm a tres-chic liberal bunny hugger, and not a right-wing neo-nazi swamp dweller. (JOKE!)

Seriously, cracking down on gun ownership probably won't stop masacres like that, it certainly didn't stop Martin Bryant. But I personaly would advocate giving up your right to bear arms. Many domestic incidents would be avoided, where the ability to kill imdediately, whilst in a rage, is made possible. These kinds of crimes make up the bulk of your shooting deaths, I belive.

Anyway, it's your country, you do what you think is right.