[plug] What do you school-age members think ofSlashDot'sHellMouth articles?

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Wed May 5 00:08:46 WST 1999

> Tamara Thompson wrote:
>
> > I still don't think the guns are the problem.  They are just tools, to be u
> sed or misused.  It's very tres-chic liberal bunny hugger to blame the guns.
>
> I think guns are the problem, but then I guess I'm a tres-chic liberal bunny
> hugger, and not a right-wing neo-nazi swamp dweller. (JOKE!)
>
> Seriously, cracking down on gun ownership probably won't stop masacres like t
> hat, it certainly didn't stop Martin Bryant. But I personaly would advocate g

The rifle he used was a people-shooter, plain & simple. Wouldn't leave
much of a bunny.

Ownership of the firearm was then legal in Tasmania (and most other
states). Now they're not, and presumably less plentiful. If the
assumption's correct, then a recurrance of Bryant's or Knight's or that
other bloke's (Queen St, soon after Knight) massacre will be somewhat
harder in the future.

That's all gun control does: makes it harder, not impossible.
--
Cheers
John Summerfield