[plug] Internet oppression - watch your backs!

Oliver White ojw at iinet.net.au
Tue May 4 20:20:19 WST 1999

Gary Allpike wrote:

> Responsibility for protecting children from porn and bomb making recipies
> lies with the parents of these children. NOT with the government!
>
> I as an ISP do NOT want to babysit your children.

More to the point, why should I be banned along with them? I seem to have aquired
a sense of humanism over the years; god knows how that happened. I think seeing
the suffering in the world (yes, I know those naked ladies arn't always enjoying
themselves) can temper the spirit against the very things we find objectionable.
Better the devil you know.