[plug] Internet oppression - watch your backs!

alex polglaze apolglaze at book-keepingnetwork.com.au
Tue May 4 21:02:47 WST 1999

Rob Hall wrote:

> You say that they might find Linux objectionable... can I stop laughing
> now...  I think common-sense tells us that this is not the spirit of the
> legislation nor what will happen.

If you are naive enough to be believe that.....

Just look at the last almost 100 years since federation, the federal
government has slowly but surely assumes powers from the the states.
Take fuel excise to pay for roads as a recent example.

The ant shifts the rock one grain at a time, and after a while there is
no rock. The government is the same. Take franchising as a case also. A
very successful part of the economy, half of all jobs created in Aus in
the last 4 years are in the franchise sector and the new government
legislation has sent it into a tail spin.

We should resist this strenuously.

Alex Polglaze