[plug] What do you school-age members think of SlashDot'sHellMouth articles?

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Wed May 5 01:33:04 WST 1999

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Original Message <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

On 5/5/99, 1:11:48 AM, Bill Cullen <billc at wantree.com.au> wrote
regarding Re: [plug] What do you school-age members think of
SlashDot'sHellMouth  articles?:

> Now something almost as off topic:

> Did anyone read in the "Bug of the Month" section of the May APC
> about a bug in the Windows timing algorithm (95 and 98) that will
> hang a PC after 49.7 days of continual uptime.

> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q216/6/41.asp

> It says something about the reliability of Windows that it's taken
> this long for the bug to come to light.

> --
>   Bill Cullen, ENFP, billc at wantree.com.au, Perth, Western Australia
>                Life's too important to take seriously.

I haven't read that, but this arose some time ago.

It was reported on the cnet news site, I think, and they had reported
that many readers had contacted them, and said that they would be very
happy, if their Window$ systems could stay running for that long. Most
readers had reported that they were unable to keep their Window$
systems running continuously for more than a day or two.

Sorry to say it, but I think, from memory, that it was about a month
or so, ago.

Bret Busby

By the way, with all the comments that have arisen about billy gates,
on this mailing list, are people aware that he apparently owns only
about 20% of Microsoft?

That was included in another cnet news online story, this last week, I
think.