[plug] The right to keep and bear source

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Wed May 5 11:39:14 WST 1999

Greg Mildenhall wrote:
>> Case in point, find any bunch of stats on home-schooled chilluns versus
>> state-schooled chilluns, and the HS are always more honest, peaceful,
>> drug-free on average.
> I doubt that's because they are homeschooled. I'd say it's because they
> have parents who obviously care a lot about them.

That man, an extra banana ration! The factors are related. (-:

> I imagine spending more
> time with one's family is also a plus, but when everything is going OK, a
> kid with an outsourced education should get more then enough time at home.

Uh, time's not the only problem. Nor, indeed, is outsourcing per se,
since a significant amount of home schooling is effectively outsourced
in one way or another.

--
A program should follow the `Law of Least Astonishment'.  What is this
law?  It is simply that the program should always respond to the user