[plug] The right to keep and bear source

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Thu May 6 10:12:12 WST 1999

On Wed, 5 May 1999, Leon Brooks wrote:

> OTOH, the less regulated the drugs are, the cheaper they become, the
> more addicts there are, thus more people are likely to commit violent
> crime. Yes, it has been researched, yes it does work this way.

Leon, citations please! I find this very counter-intuitive.
What popular drugs lead directly to violent behaviour?
Certainly not Maraju^Wgrass or Heroin.
Alcohol comes to mine, but only in a few pre-disposed people. And
that violence is usually rituallised (avoid those pubs!).

The voilence is more likely to come from the pushers, or a terrified
burglar who gets cornered by a homeowner.
Legalising drugs will reduce crime, and "criminalising" of junkies,
I would hope.

> Heads you lose, tails I win. (-:

Lets see those sources for your claims first.

> Also, if you crowd animals, they turn violent, homosexual, greedy,

I woulnt touch that with a 40' pole.

> erratic and all manner of like familiar things. It seems likely to me
> that some of these problems are simply overcrowding.

To test that hypothesis, look at Hong Kong, the Army, etc.

> exceptions, and they form a pattern. Any activity which supports stable,
> safe nuclear families results in less crime, less drugs, etc. Case in

In Sicily & Calabria they are very big on families. And the Families
are very big on drugs, protection,...

> point, find any bunch of stats on home-schooled chilluns versus
> state-schooled chilluns, and the HS are always more honest, peaceful,
> drug-free on average.

You have any Australin stats on such?   "Honesty statistics"?

> > Don't make me laugh. Those who want to get around the law will, only the
> > everyday user will be truly inconvenienced.

A rather broad generalisation, isnt it? Or did i lose the context?

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
                -- Rich Kulawiec