[plug] Linux and Star Office

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Wed May 5 12:55:37 WST 1999

Perhaps it was. Everyone should install it. It is a postscript
interpreter: from postcript input it creates whatever is required for your
printer.

> I am using fvwm2, which I think is fvwm95, as the windows GUI, and in
> the Start menu, there is not an option for applications. If I go to
> Programs->Graphics->Viewers, I can see an entry for ghostview.

ghostview is differenet (and replaced with gv which is better).

> Because there is not an option for Applications in the Start menu, to
> run Star Office, I have to do it from the command line, in the nxterm
> window.
>
> If ghostscript is necessary, to print from Star Office, would I be
> able to print directly from Star Office, or, would I need to open a
> Star Office file, with ghostscript, and print from within ghostscript?

I don't use SO, but I print from netscape which creates postscript. I've
set up a printer definition with control-panel/print-tool then edited the
postscript.cfg it creates (which is broken) and then I can print on my
BJC4200.

We also use WordPerfect, but that has a driver for the BJC4200.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield