[plug] Linux and Star Office

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Sat May 8 18:14:54 WST 1999

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Original Message <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

On 5/5/99, 12:55:37 PM, John Summerfield <summer at os2.ami.com.au> wrote
regarding Re: [plug] Linux and Star Office :

We definitely have ghostscript installed; gs 4.03, I think, it comes
up with that when we run it. We have done nothing to adjust
ghostscript, since it was installed as part of installing the OS.

What do we have to do now, to get Star Office to print to the 500C?
Linux will print to it from the command line, and the print manager
from control panel, will do an ascii print test okay.

When I tried the postscript print test from the print manager in
control panel, it didn't print until the next print job, and what it
did print, stepped across the page, started:
"Unrecoverable error: rangecheck in .putdeviceprops "
(stepped to next line)
"(1488)op_array(486)0x817b0cc:E"
(end of what was printed).

Or, do we have to buy another printer, to print from Star Office 5? It
seems a bit drastic (and a bit expensive), if we have to buy a new
printer to be able to print from it.

Bret Busby