[plug] Internet oppression - watch your backs!

Matt Bruce Matt.Bruce at alphawest.com.au
Wed May 5 13:53:38 WST 1999

skribe (skribe at amber.com.au) wrote:

>On 04-May-99 Mim M wrote:
>> So it is up to us to "tell" the government.
>
>We are all the government.

Maybe if you're in year 8 Social Studies, but reality is a little different.
No offence.

Two thoughts:

1. Why can an extremely conservative politician who stands for all
   things 1950s and women in the kitchen only receive ~20,000 votes, yet
   run the country? Can't happen, you say? Can you say "Brian Harradine"?

2. Why can one politician push a ludicrous Bill through Parliament, yet
   it takes more than 20,000 people to get that buck-toothed, hick law
   rescinded? And only then if they're lucky.

I've been trying to avoid stepping into this circular argument, but you just
triggered my "I ca'ne help it, I gotta..." reflex. :)

Cya,

--
Matt Bruce
Network Engineer