[plug] Internet oppression - watch your backs!

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Wed May 5 23:50:03 WST 1999

On 5/5/99, 6:49:51 PM, skribe <skribe at amber.com.au> wrote regarding Re:
[plug] Internet oppression - watch your backs!:

> On 05-May-99 Bret Busby wrote:
> > We wish! Oh, for democracy!
> >
> > We are not even going to be given a choice as to whether we become a
> > republic; only whether a particular model is to be adopted. If we
> > don't like the model that the people in canberra want to impose on us,
> > tough bikkies; no republic!

> We were given a choice.  That's why we had the constitutional
convention.

You mean that holiday, for the rich and the famous? That picnic for
the politicians' mates, that cost $500 a ticket, that was
non-refundable, so that the average person had no chance of going on,
unless they were rich, or, had rich friends? How many average
housewives, or, other, normal, everyday people, were there? What
representation was there, when the average person was ineligible to
participate? What democracy? When the rich rule, I believe that it is
called an oligarchy, not a democracy.

Bret Busby