[plug] Internet oppression - watch your backs!

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Thu May 6 10:55:38 WST 1999

On 05-May-99 Bret Busby wrote:
> You mean that holiday, for the rich and the famous? That picnic for
> the politicians' mates, that cost $500 a ticket, that was
> non-refundable, so that the average person had no chance of going on,
> unless they were rich, or, had rich friends?

$500 is the standard cost to enrol to be a candidate for any federal election.
Usually that money is refunded if you get more than 4% of the vote.  I'm not
sure whether or not the money was refunded for the candidates that got more
than 4% of the vote for the convention.
---
skribe <skribe at amber.com.au>

A good memory does not equal pale ink.