[plug] Linux and Star Office

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Thu May 6 12:55:24 WST 1999

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Original Message <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

On 5/6/99, 10:11:18 AM, Mike Holland <myk at golden.wattle.id.au> wrote
regarding Re: [plug] Linux and Star Office:

> On Wed, 5 May 1999, Bret Busby wrote:

> > off, spending the $130 for another 32MB of RAM, to take it to 64MB of

> Last I saw, 64MB of SDRAM was < $100.

I believe that the message did indicate that the RAM was EDO RAM. The
advertised price of EDO RAM, is about $130 for 32MB.

> Star Office in 32MB is for masochists.

Surely, that is like saying that a person is nuts, if they want to run
Linux on anything less than a Pentium.

Not all of us are in a position to start with more RAM than we need,
so, some of us, after having upgraded to 32MB of RAM, may find that it
is insufficient for a new application.

The specs, on the Star Division web site, say that 32MB of RAM is
needed. Just because they give minimum specifications, doesn't mean
that the minimum specifications are necessarily going to be
understated, like M$.

Bret Busby