[plug] Y2K (formerly Linux isn't there yet)

Christian christian at global.net.au
Fri May 7 10:40:26 WST 1999

"Shackleton, Kevin" wrote:

> Our network admin officer did point out that as far as corporations are
> concerned, Y2K is currently everything.  If you can't get an assurance from
> the vendor that the software is Y2K compliant, no-one in a corporate
> environment will use it, no matter how you personally might value the
> assurance.  He said he was unable to find a Samba Y2K assurance and unable
> to get a Linux assurance.  I did look at the Debian site which has an
> itemised Y2K list but have not looked for a Samba assurance.

http://samba.anu.edu.au/samba/docs/sambay2k.html

I found that in <30 seconds so, assuming he has sufficient motor skills
to click a mouse and type on a keyboard, he didn't look very hard.

Our of interest, has anyone done any compliance tests with Linux?  I did
a small bit of research (although no testing) a while back and found
that nearly everything was compliant - there were a few of the utilities
which weren't but for memory they weren't critical ones and I expect
they're probably fixed by now anyway.

Regards,

Christian.