[plug] Y2K (formerly Linux isn't there yet)

Greg Mildenhall greg at networx.net.au
Sat May 8 10:40:01 WST 1999

On Fri, 7 May 1999, Rob Hall wrote:
> > Luigi Cantoni wrote:
> > > Hay does that mean bigpond.com is a no go!!!!
> > > I hate the fact its not bigpond.com.au
> A telstra inetrnet guy told me once that the site is hosted in Oz, but that
> it sits on some international link that maps to com.

It figures that a telstra internet guy would have no idea how IP or DNS
works. It is in no way a technical issue, it is just Telstra abusing the
system to get a an inappropriate domain that they think is somehow
"cooler" but makes life difficult for their customers and anyone trying to
find their site.

Remember that the deregulation of the telecomms industry came out of
exactly the kind of unsavoury deal that Harradine is trying to swing now.

-Greg Mildenhall