[plug] Web Search?

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Mon May 10 15:26:01 WST 1999

On Mon, 10 May 1999, Trevor Phillips wrote:

> Respected Linuxites,

I didn't realise there was any Respect on this list. :P

> Does anyone have any reccomendations for Indexing and Searching
> websites?

ht://Dig ain't bad. A little slow, if anything.
I believe it's even a debian package now....Yes it is, web/htdig

> Worse come to worse I could write my own, but it's not a small task...

Just ask our webmaster how small a task it is.. He's been writing one for
the past 6 months or so. :)
(mind you, he hasn't spent all of those 6 months on it, or it would have
been done by now. This is in his spare time)

 - Matt