[plug] Debian 2.1 slink

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue May 11 14:10:54 WST 1999

On Tue, May 11, 1999 at 01:15:12PM +0800, GB wrote:
> Hi Nick,
>
> Was going to ask you for a copy of Slink 2.1, but I've just checked the kernel
[...]

Nah, it's an urgent thing, I'm afraid. He did want a new kernel as well,
but as people have said that's a small download. (well, the patch to
change the version you have you've got to the one you want is, anyway)

You can even make your own kernel packages so you can inform the
package system, shuffle between your available versions, or install it
onto multiple machines, very easily - slightly easier than actually
manually compiling and installing it, if all goes well. ie ;
zless /usr/doc/kernel-package/README.gz

Thanks,
Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal