[plug] Kernel sound support.

Oliver White ojw at iinet.net.au
Mon May 10 17:49:30 WST 1999

I've compiled a new kernel (well Christian compiled a kernel for me).
However, sound support seems to be missing still. In 'menuconfig', we
used the Sound menu, and checked 'sound card support' and 'Creative
Esoniq AudioPCI 97 (ES1371)'. I tested sound with x11amp, xmcd, and then
wavtools.

wavp <blah.wav> gave this output:
"Cannot initialise DSP."

I had a look through the Sound-HOWTO, and discovered this piece of
advise about using menuconfig and xconfig:

"In particular the "/dev/dsp and /dev/audio support" (CONFIG_AUDIO)
option should usually be enabled."

Now I ran menuconfig again, and for the life of me I cannot find these
options.

Any ideas folks?