[plug] Debian 2.1 slink

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Tue May 11 15:06:41 WST 1999

On Tue, 11 May 1999, Michael Hunt wrote:

> By the way the 6.0 version of RedHat I installed last night went a treat.
> The only thing that broke was squid (because my config file was out of
> date). I was wondering If anyone new of a quick way to add IP Masq support

You'll find that Redhat 6.0 ships with Squid 2.2.1 ... which is quite
different to 1.22 ?? that 5.2 came with :)

> to the box without a recompile ? On Caldera 2.2 these are just modules that
> can be easily loaded up by the looks (haven't tested so can't say for sure).

You shouldn't need to recompile anything ....
try something like:

ipchains -F
ipchains -P forward DENY
ipchains -A forward -j MASQ -s 192.168.0.0/24 -d 0.0.0.0/0
modprobe ip_masq_ftp
modprobe ip_masq_irc
modprobe ip_masq_raudio
modprobe ip_masq_quake