[plug] RedHat 6.0 (was Debian 2.1 Slink)

Michael Hunt Michael.J.Hunt at usa.net
Wed May 12 12:49:33 WST 1999

> > Am I missing something obvious here ???? Any help would be greatly
> > appreciated.
>
> It's a bad practice to use old config files with new software. You should
> create a new config file using relevant current documentation and
> samples,
> using the old config files to provide local information.

Yeah I learnt that the hardway with trying to get squid to work (Upgraded
from 1.2 to 2.1). However this is not an issue as the version samba 2.0.3
was running on the 5.2 box as well as the 6.0 box. I created a new printcap
file and when the problem occurred I compared it to the old one with the
only difference being the lp0 stuff. I am assuming that something deeper has
changed within the distro itself and thought maybe someone has come across
this before. I had a working 2.0.3 samba printing version and under 6.0 I
don't. All other config files are new as created by the install and the
smb.conf lists only shares that I couldn't be bothered recreating. Hence I
copied the file over. One problem maybe that I was looking at this problem
late at night so I could have missed something obvious.

Michael Hunt