[plug] Debian 2.1 slink

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Wed May 12 14:49:49 WST 1999

Matt Kemner wrote:

> I have a hard time trusting any website that talks about performance, yet
> serves all webpages from a cgi script, as a result rendereing proxy cache
> performance useless.

Eh? What a Proxy does with a page (or what it should do) is dependent
upon the HTTP info the server gives it, not on whether it's CGI
generated.

But yeah, blatantly using a CGI for each page like that is messy; you
should at LEAST try and hide it from the user. ^_^

: CWIS Technical Officer         -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :