[plug] Debian 2.1 slink

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Wed May 12 15:25:37 WST 1999

On Wed, 12 May 1999, Trevor Phillips wrote:

> Eh? What a Proxy does with a page (or what it should do) is dependent
> upon the HTTP info the server gives it, not on whether it's CGI
> generated.

Default config for squid is to treat everything containing either a ? or
"/cgi-bin/" as a cgi script.

> But yeah, blatantly using a CGI for each page like that is messy;

It's unnecessary too.  I'm sure their site would be faster serving static
pages straight from the webserver too. (though they probably use modperl
or something like that to speed it up)

> should at LEAST try and hide it from the user. ^_^

And from squid. :)

 - Matt