[plug]New RH6 install Poblems with ppp

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Wed May 12 16:46:24 WST 1999

Mark Saxon wrote:

> Could do with some help on problem with PPP in RH6.
>
> following comes from tail -f /var/log/messages
> or at least what appears to be the relevent bit.
>
> localhost modprobe: can't locate module ppp. Compress-21
> localhost modprobe: can't locate module ppp. Compress-26
> localhost modprobe: can't locate module ppp. Compress-24
>
> every thing else seems to go okay makes conection and can ping ISP server
> okay just can't use browser or ftp.  Has anyone got any clues
> as to where I should look for the problem?

I get this on my Debian 1.3 box with 2.2.4 installed and I can browse and ftp fine.
I'd suggest (however ignorantly) that you look somewhere else.

These messages come up EVERY time a ppp connection is made for me.
I just ignore them now as they seem to not worry anything (good grammar that)

Cheers.........

--
Brad Campbell
Email :- defence at omen.net.au