[plug] Modem troubles

Bradley Browne brad at argo.net.au
Thu May 13 15:16:11 WST 1999

I used to have another phone plugged into the same wall socket but I
found i could not get calls on it if i had used the modem before it, a
most common scenario, and so disconnected it because it wasn't doing any
good being there.  This previous scenario might have caused the problem
you detailed but I do not have any other devices connected to the phone
ATM so I cannot explain it.  My phone, when I plug it in so my
girlfriend can give me a wake up call (too much late night compiling
goes on at my house :-), seems to hang the line up fine so I don't know.

Thanks for your ideas though,

brad