[plug] Samba printing problems

brian coleman bigbrianc at hotmail.com
Thu May 13 21:40:42 WST 1999

1. The printer set up in version 2 of Samba has added a number of new
printer options. Suggest what you both do is to use swat to have a look at
them. The can be accessed by the advanced view from within the global menu
option.

2.  "lpstat" especially /usr/bin/lpstat is very much part of Sys V UNIX
printing systems and is a binary status module rather than a text file.

3. As an easy way out if you set up a raw queue to your printer (you can
have more than one queue accessing a single printer) and then point your
Windoze printer to that queue but print to the queue using the Windoze
drivers for your printer instead of whatever you are currently using.

4. Just as a matter of interest have you checked to see if the filters you
are using have changed between the 2 RedHat releases?

Brian C.