[plug] Soundcard IRQ

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Mon May 17 10:05:38 WST 1999

On Mon, 17 May 1999, Mike Holland wrote:

>   If its an ISA sound card, tell your bios to reserve the desired irq,
> and not allocate it to any PnP devices.

Alternatively, if it's ISAPnP, you may need to use pnpdump & isapnp to set
it up on boot.
My old SB16 vibra was like that - I just ran pnpdump > /etc/isapnp.conf,
edited it and uncommented the "ACT Y" and ran isapnp /etc/isapnp.conf on
boot.

The docs say if you use isapnp you have to compile sound support as a
module, and run isapnp before loading the module, but I found compiling
sound into the kernel worked fine - I just got the message Oliver's
getting until I initialised the soundcard with isapnp.

 - Matt