[plug] re: minor problems

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Wed May 19 11:38:09 WST 1999

On Tue, 18 May 1999, Jon L. Miller wrote:

> Is there a feature in Linux that can control the caps lock key.

There are two separate contexts here - console and X-windows. I'll assume
the latter.
 Personally I hate caps-lock. The following command in .xinitrc will
disable it:

	 xmodmap -e "clear lock"

The command 'xmodmap -pm' will list your modifiers.

> Still experiencing a slow bootup in an application; there are 3 NT workstation attached to the Linux box, 2 of them will login fine, one of them takes anywhere between 5-10 minutes and on some occasions it can take up to 5 hours.

Did you try my suggestion of running 'tcpdump'?
 It will show what is happening and should give an answer.

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
                -- Rich Kulawiec