[plug] CALU

Christian christian at global.net.au
Fri May 21 09:43:28 WST 1999

Bret Busby wrote:

> I have passed on some of the CALU brochures, and some people have said
> that they would like to go but don't have the money, and/or that the
> workshops that they would want to attend, clash with other workshops
> that they want to attend.

I understand their problem... I've had a hard time trying to decide
which one I'm going to go to - there are at least three which, if on
separately, no one could persuade me to miss. :)  I suppose it would be
better if it were possible to spread them over several additional days
or something but unfortunately I don't think that is possible.  Of
course it also shows the quality and interesting speakers that the
conference has attracted.

> Interest has been expressed in obtaining papers from the conference,
> or, in obtaining access to papers from the conference.
> Will papers be available for all the sessions of the conference,
> including the tutorials?
> If so, will they have costs, or, will they be freely accessible?
> If they would be freely accessible, would something happen like copies
> made available to LUG's, for lending to members, or, would they be
> published on the Internet?

I'm not sure about these questions so I've sent off a copy of this to
one of the CALU lists.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them freely
available on the Internet but I suppose this will be organised after the
conference is finished.

Regards,

Christian.