[plug] missing something... build problem

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Mon May 24 09:23:31 WST 1999

On Thu, 20 May 1999, Oliver White wrote:

> I'm getting this error making irssi. seems I'm missing glib headers. Any
> idea what packages I might need?

Debian? or RedHat-derived?

For Debian you want libglib*-dev and probably libgtk*-dev
(I say * because with these libraries the version number is in the package
name, and I'm not sure what the latest version is, nor what version irssi
expects.
I have libglib1.1.12-dev and libgtk1.1.12-dev.
(note that they also depend on the packages without the -dev)

For RedHat, I have no idea.
Look for packages containing the glib and gtk libraries and include files.

 - Matt