[plug] RH6 and printing

Damion Hill dhill at wantree.com.au
Mon May 24 17:38:00 WST 1999

Arnold,

Anthony's suggestion re samba will solve the problem of one of the
messages popping up. The other message is about ncpfs which is
to do with netware services.

I have found there is no need for either of these for the printing to
work, they are really just warning messages about extended print
services.

I suspect the problem you are having could be similar to what I
found. RH6 refers to the printer port as lp0 (or lpt0 - sorry can't
recall) whereas RH5.2 and lower referred to it as lp1. Check to
make sure you have changed this in your /etc/printcap file or use
the printtool to redefine your printer.

Cheers,
Damion.

--