[plug] Star Office 5.1

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Tue May 25 21:22:49 WST 1999

> Matt Kemner wrote:
> > On Mon, 24 May 1999, John Summerfield wrote:
> > > Can someone find a place to make it accessible by ftp? I'm not at all
> > > confident I can get a 70 Mb file by http.
>
> > Use "wget -c"
>
> > It will resume where it left off if the connection breaks, providing the
> > server supports it.
> > (Apache does)
>
> http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/ supports continues and has SO mirrored. And
> bring your machine tonight plus a UTP card (10 or 100, it matters not) -
> I'm sure UCC has a crossover cable or hub we can use - 'coz 5.1 is
> sitting on the machine I will (plan to) demo with.

Thanks for the offer: I read it a little late.

In any event, getting to UWA is difficult, and with box in hand, next to
impossible as I rely on public transport. Besides, I've been running a
program under (xx)gdb for several days. I hate to interrupt it in case
it's not broken. The program IS advancing: I check a print file it's
creating from time to time:
[summer at possum .Inet]$ uptime
  9:20pm  up 11 days,  6:59, 19 users,  load average: 1.20, 1.17, 1.07
[summer at possum .Inet]$

I think the reason it's so slow is xxgdb has problems with a print file
directed to its window. The program normally runs in a couple of minutes.

However, it finished arriving overnight and I'm now admiring the 58 page
setup guide.

I'm hoping the registration keys I got a few days before its release work:
they didn't for 5.0.

Are there any handy hints?

btw I've spent much of the day perusing the ipchains documents. ipchains
are cool.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield