[plug] SETI

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Wed May 26 14:47:08 WST 1999

On Wed, 26 May 1999, Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima wrote:

> on 5 servers .... so I should be getting approx 60 unit/day .... I''m still on
> 0 :(
>
> I will download the v 1.X software to see if that makes a difference ... maybe
> they are not counting units from pre 1.X clienst .... anyway we'll see :)

That could be it.
The 1.X clients do a lot more calculations per work unit too, so you won't
get anywhere near as many units/day :(
(my machine used to do one work unit in around 24 hours.. now it
takes almost 2x that :( )

What sort of machines are you running yours on?
Mine's a lowly K6-200 :(

 - Matt