[plug] Censorship - this thread needs a new home...

Oliver White ojw at iinet.net.au
Sun May 23 19:52:33 WST 1999

Yeah, I agree. The guy might be a bit a bit sick in the head, if he gets
turned on by that, but there's a big difference between looking at
pictures and taking, or encouraging others to take, those pictures. If
we're going to filter media depicting abuse, are we going to stop pictures
of kossovar  attrocities? I've seen plenty of child porn, and the effect
is the same as far as I'm concerned, it simply turns your stomach, not
your mind.

Also of note, private email may be included in this legislation:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newslink/nat/newsnat-27may1999-24.htm

Really I don't see much wrong with most porn, the worst most can be
accused of is bad taste. (oh, and poor spelling/grammar ;)

Anyway, we need to get organised. We all grumble on the newsgroups/mailing
lists and on IRC, but most of the country isn't involved in these media
yet. A new mailing list would be appropriate.

Cya at the march,

Oliver White