[plug] modules and sysadmin

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Thu May 27 15:24:17 WST 1999

On Thu, 27 May 1999 cthart at gbs.com.au wrote:

> I've just upgraded to 2.2.9, and I'm trying to get sound to work.
> If I run a program that attempts to use sound, I see console
> messages referring to modules not found. I think I'm
> supposed to add entries to conf.modules to name the
> module to load when the generic module name is referred to.

The sndconfig program added the following to my conf.modules :

alias sound sb
pre-install sound insmod sound dmabuf=1
alias midi opl3
options opl3 io=0x388
options sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 dma16=5 mpu_io=0x330

> Any pointers where to look to finish this off?

If you have an SB16, try "sndconfig".

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
                -- Rich Kulawiec