[plug] what we need ...

Gavin Tweedie tweedie at nw.com.au
Fri May 28 15:21:22 WST 1999

> I've always wondered if one day the cops are going to walk in to my
> office, and walk out again with our news server under their arm. I'm sure
> they'll find _plenty_ of kiddie porn on there if they knew where to look.
> Are ISPs to be responsible for each and every post that comes through the
> newsgroups?
> what about email?

A very good point, if I was to attach some kiddy porn or whatnot to this
email you all would have copies of it on your machines and I could in
theory call the cops and say all the people on this mailing list have
offensive and illegal material on their computer....would you all be in
trouble for posessing it?

Gavin