[plug] Arguments in favour?

Oliver White ojw at iinet.net.au
Tue May 25 02:25:16 WST 1999

Ok, I think there is something wrong with a lot of porn, in that it gives
children the wrong idea of what sex is all about. At least in regards to
respect for women, self respect, etc. I would argue for a code of ethics in
the pornography industry that would see 'good porn', eg that which depicts
any kind of healthy sexual act (not as hard to define as you might think),
thrive over pornography that included abuse of one sort of annother. This
is annother issue separate from the bill in question. Personaly I had
access to Penthouse and Playboy from the age of 5 or so, and as far as I
feel, I have no sexualy related social problems. Children should be
educated in what constitues abuse, based upon actual harm to the body and
the psyche. Anything anyone else has to add to this view?