[plug] NFS trouble "no export entry" for root fs.

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Sat May 29 23:29:41 WST 1999

Since upgrading ( 2.2, redhat6 ) I have had some odd trouble with NFS.
The client get a stale NFS handle for no apparent reason on a mounted
filesystem that was previously working. I then unmount and try to remount,
but the server refuses, and logs:

	mountd[449]: refused mount request from donau: no export entry

But of course there is one. Nothing has changed in the /etc/exports file.

	/var/spool/mail donau(rw,no_root_squash)
	/       donau(rw,no_root_squash)
	/usr        donau(ro,no_root_squash)
	/home       donau(rw,no_root_squash)

The /var/spool/mail is still working fine (can unmount and remount),
 but '/' is rejected. The others will mount at another mountpoint.

Stoping and restarting the NFS daemons doesnt help either (using
/etc/rc.d/init.d/nfs stop/start)

(The nfs server also does PPP dialup, masquerading, printing, named, ...)
This may be associated with loss of dns service after dialup
disconnection. (?)

Any suggestions please?

[P.S. have just installed win-95 on vmware. Very impressed!
Even though their X-server doesnt work on my card, video is fast. ]

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
                -- Rich Kulawiec