[plug] games, demos for 3D cards on Linux

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Mon May 31 08:45:04 WST 1999

On Sun, 30 May 1999, Mike Holland wrote:

> With a Voodoo II I'm now playing QuakeII at 800x600 instead of 320x200,
> but is there other software for Linux that uses it?

... Quake,
    QuakeIII

But that asside .....

> Leon - do any of those xscreensaver modules you demoed use OpenGL?

Yes some of the xscreensaver commands leon showed us use Mesa.  You can
v\build Mesa to be 3Dfx aware and therfor use hadreware accel.  it looks much
nicer and quite abit faster.

asside from that there are a number of "solar system" mapper apps that require
3Dfx.  I'm still to play with them tho.

BUT on the whole mostly games .... :)

Yours Tony.