[plug] games, demos for 3D cards on Linux

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Mon May 31 14:16:21 WST 1999

On Mon, 31 May 1999, Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima wrote:

> Yes some of the xscreensaver commands leon showed us use Mesa.  You can
> v\build Mesa to be 3Dfx aware and therfor use hadreware accel.  it looks much
> nicer and quite abit faster.

Ta. The xscreensaver man page mentions one 'hack' called 'gears', but i
dont have it. I will search sunsite, etc.
  (Is sunsite still the place to look?)

I have libMesaGL.so.2.6 for quake. Should i just put that in /lib  & run
ldconfig ?

What other xscreensaver modules use Mesa?  (Leon?)

regards,

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
                -- Rich Kulawiec