[plug] Time & Task Management Tool

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Mon May 31 16:58:53 WST 1999

On Mon, 31 May 1999, Trevor Phillips wrote:

> We're getting more emphasis at work to better manage and record what
> tasks we do, and the Powers that Be are after a good Time and Task
> Management Tool. Basically, something to help log work activities, and
> produce summaries & such.
>
> Now, I'd write one myself, but I don't have the time, and neither does
> anyone else here, so my Boss is on the Hunt for a ready-made one that'll
> do the job and do it well. Normally a sane person, he suggested that we
> may go with a Micro$oft solution, even to the point of engaging a
> "Microsoft-wise developer"!
>
> Argh!!
>
> So, does anyone know of such a product? Preferrably a web-based one,
> running on a UNIX system. Doesn't have to be OpenSource/Free (I can
> gurantee a Micro$oft one won't be, no matter the Educational discounts)
>
> "Help me PLUG ML! You are my only hope! ... Help me PLUG ML! You are my
> only hope! ..."
> ^_^;;

THere was an App on freshmeat called "workreport"  I havn't seen it running
BUT I think it did that ..... even if that doesn;t suit your needs try a
freshmeat serach, a linuxberg search.  I'm sure some one has done it.

There is a lillt app that comes with gnome called gnome time tracker.

In its default mode it's knda useless BUT you can make it record all swtiches
in tasks ...from the you could perify the results and produce your own
summary ... Its not Web based tho.

Yours Tony.