[plug] Apache Setup

Garry gb at perthpcug.org.au
Mon Nov 1 16:10:06 WST 1999

Hope this is not too off-topic..

I was wondering if anyone has experience using Apache for testing cgi scripts
locally.

I have installed it on my NT machine (v 1.3.9), and as that has not been
successful I'll turn to Linux.. Thought the NT would have been easier!

OK, I have the 1.3.9 source, and will install it. What I'd like to know, is
how do I get a response on http://localhost/   ? As the NT version doesn't
work, I don't think I'll get the Linux one going either.
On NT, I was getting a page from 127.0.0.1 saying that the configuration
files need looking at, but have been unable to find the info needed! The NT
installation is in the default location of c:\program files\apache
group\apache...

My scripts will be stored in the  c:\shellcgi  directory, but I don't think
the basic Apache setup is right yet.

Is anyone able to shed light on the Apache config setup please?

Garry.