[plug] Apache Setup

Kenworthy Family billk at opera.iinet.net.au
Mon Nov 1 16:25:04 WST 1999

Enabled apache and just typed "localhost" into the browser and it worked fine.
Also works when I type just "Ralph", the machine name.  Found index.html
automatically in each case.  I used it to debug perl scripts for some assignments
a few weeks ago.  Had to get the first line of the cgi script ("!/usr/bin/perl" ,
in my case) to point to the perl executable and make sure the cgi scripts are in
"/home/httpd/cgi-bin" and html is in "/home/httpd/http".  Also perl choked on dos
carriage returns.  Comes back as a cryptic "premature end of header" error
message.  Convert em to unix linefeeds and its a goer.

BillK