[plug] Problem setting up alias for a user...

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Fri Nov 5 11:16:39 WST 1999

> What I want to know is how to set up a .foreward file such that the text

David, its spelt ".forward".
It should be in the sendmail docs, I couldnt find it in my man pages.

A sample .forward file is:
              \username, "|/usr/ucb/vacation username"
Its a comma-separated list. Begin with a '|' to give a pipe command.
So you might just want something like:
	"|/home/jitterbug/bin/new_message"

Anyone know a good way to do this without creating a special user?
The '/etc/aliases' file doesnt seem to allow such pipe commands.

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining
and wants it back the minute it begins to rain.
                -- Mark Twain