[plug] Problem setting up alias for a user...

Steve Grasso steveg at calm.wa.gov.au
Fri Nov 5 11:29:26 WST 1999

Hi David,

>If someone could show me the syntax that is required, that'd be really
>helpful... I'm using sendmail as my MTA -- I am assuming .foreward is the
>correct file to put this information into - however if this is not correct,
>could someone let me know?

I'm sure you've already read man 5 aliases for the syntax for .forward
entries.
As far as I understand, .forward simply redirects incoming mail to another
email address or alias and probably won't do what you intend (someone
please correct me).

However, perhaps you can configure sendmail to direct incoming mail for
jitterbug to your program, instead of a directory. ie. where you would
specify the home and incoming mail directory for jitterbug, substitute the
path and name of your prog.

Steve