[plug] Problem setting up alias for a user...

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Fri Nov 5 12:04:46 WST 1999

On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, Steve Grasso wrote:

> I'm sure you've already read man 5 aliases for the syntax for .forward

In this case
- he was looking with the wrong spelling
- the aliases man page on my RH6 box doesnt tell you the syntax
- how would anyone know that '.foward' is (supposed to be) documented
  in aliases(5).

The docs here are sadly lacking.

> As far as I understand, .forward simply redirects incoming mail to another
> email address or alias and probably won't do what you intend

So you didnt look it up either :)

> (someone please correct me).

OK, done.

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining
and wants it back the minute it begins to rain.
                -- Mark Twain