[plug] Devel Kernel halt on boot.

Gavin Tweedie tweedie at nw.com.au
Sun Nov 7 13:49:48 WST 1999

Anyone running 2.3.20-2.3.26 had any problems at boot whereby youll get:

Init Version 2.77 booting.
VM: Killing process modprobe

and then nothing, it just halts. Its been doing it for me since about .20
and I've looked around and cant find anything having been reported. It
doesnt however give any oops or anything.

Anyone heard of this or know of if it has been reported yet?

Gavin

ps. Yes i know its devel and yes i know things are going to break, but its
been broke for 6 revisions now (for me anyway) and im happy to provide
debugging info for the hackers. so no i dont want any replies telling me i
shouldnt be using 2.3.