[plug] SCSI and IEDE

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Wed Nov 10 15:01:24 WST 1999

On Mon, Nov 08, 1999 at 03:11:51PM +0800, John Summerfield wrote:

>    Read /usr/src/linux/Documentation/devices.txt and discovered I need (but
> lack) /dev/sr0.
>
>    A quick "mknod /dev/sr0 b 11 0" and I can now read CDs.

I have a MATSHITA CW-7502 on an Adaptec AHA2940, on /dev/scd0, with the
same device numbers as yours (11,0).  I found it by doing

  for z in /dev/*cd* ; do mount -t iso9660 $z /mnt/cdrom ; done

This was a desperate move after running into a couple of brick walls.  I
figured that one of those devices should work!

Did you try /dev/scd0?

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
After twelve years of therapy my psychiatrist said something that
brought tears to my eyes.  He said, "No hablo ingles."
		-- Ronnie Shakes