[plug] Netscape & kde

Chris Griffin chrisg at doladns.dola.wa.gov.au
Fri Nov 12 09:07:24 WST 1999

Greetings Peter,

I had the same problem. Try this:

Right click on the desktop
Choose new - Application
In the dialog box, replace the contents with "Netscape", without the quotes
of course, click OK.
In the kfm dialog box that comes up next, click the Execute tab.
Type in the name of the application you want to run, netscape.
Click the little cog icon on the right.
There is a Netscape icon in the list so just scroll down and double click it.
Back at the kfm dialog box just click OK and you are all done.

Have fun.

Regards,
Chris Griffin

At 22:40 11/11/1999 +0000, you wrote:
>Can anyone help with this please.I have RH6.1  with KDE as my default. I
>have configured KPPP and have no problem connecting to my ISP. Trouble is,
>once connected I don't know how to access Netscape. It doesn't appear
>anywhere on my screen when I boot up and I don't know where to find it in
>the system! I am hoping to have an icon on my screen to start it. any
>suggestions in very simple english please, I am the original clueless newbie!
>Regards,
>Peter

                               \\\___///
                                (  @ @  )
| Chris Griffin, Senior Network Engineer                |
| Email: chris.griffin at mitswa.com.au                    |
| Managed Information Technology Solutions (M.I.T.S)    |
| 1st Floor, Batholomew House, 31 Ventnor Avenue,       |
| West Perth W.A. 6005                                  |
| PH: +61 (08) 9481-4066  FAX: +61 (08) 9481-4064       |