[plug] SCSI Install Problem adaptec ava1515

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Fri Nov 12 10:16:27 WST 1999

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Mark Saxon wrote:

> I swaped an old hard drive with win95 into the box and confirmed IRQ was
> free which made me look  else where. It turned out to be a problem with
> how the BIOS allocated interrupts ( I thought I checked this before
> already) to ISA cards.  Linux can now find my card  --  mint! I've been

The only time i had trouble with that was when the bios allocated the
interrurt to a PCI device. I had my aha152x on irq12. Sometimes it work,
but the bios would randomly assign the ps/2 irg on bootup. Easily fixed.

> Although as Gary pointed out you must still pass all the AT port, and IRQ
> stuff to the module before loading just the same.

"AT port"? Are the IO ports not used by PCI? No reason to, I guess.

> I will be trying to access the card via /dev/sge is there anythink else

Doesnt 'sge' means 5th scsi generic device found by the bios?
Check the messages when you 'modprobe' or 'insmod'.
 Is this a scanner?

> Thanks guys

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining
and wants it back the minute it begins to rain.
                -- Mark Twain