[plug] SCSI Install Problem adaptec ava1515

Mark Saxon mark at omninet.net.au
Fri Nov 12 11:00:40 WST 1999

Mike Holland wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Mark Saxon wrote:
>

> > I will be trying to access the card via /dev/sge is there anythink else
>
> Doesnt 'sge' means 5th scsi generic device found by the bios?
> Check the messages when you 'modprobe' or 'insmod'.
>  Is this a scanner?

I'm still trying to get the hang of this SCSI stuff . Affirmative it is a
scanner.

insmod   says SCSI ID 7 so I guess this means it should be found on what
/dev/sgg?

If I wanted to access it on /dev/sge I would have to pass this to the module
when I started it  say insmod  aha152x=0x340,11,5.

I notice my RH system has a /dev/sg4  ->  /dev/sge. I had a look at the SANE
documentation last night,  it looked a bit inscrutable then I'm hoping it
makes more sence tonight.

mark